Department of Law
45 South Main Street, Room #308
(203) 294-2140 Fax: (203) 294-2112
Town Attorney: Gerald E. Farrell, Sr.
Assistant Town Attorney: Geoffrey T. Einhorn
Corporation Counsel: Janis M. Small
The Department of Law:
- Is the legal advisor to and represents the Town and all of its agencies, officers, board and commissions acting in an official capacity in all legal matters.
- Appears for and protects the rights of the Town in all actions, suits or proceedings brought by or against it or any of its departments, officers, agencies, boards or commissions.
- Furnish, upon request, the Town’s officers, departments, agencies, boards or commissions with written opinions on any questions of law involving their respective powers and duties.
- Prepares or approves forms of contracts or other instruments to which the town is a party, or has an interest.
- Has the power, with approval of the Town Council, to compromise or settle any claims by or against the Town.
The Town Attorney:
- Is the administrative head of the Department of Law and is appointed by the Mayor.
- Or designee attends all meetings of the Town Council and meetings of other boards and commissions as may be necessary.
| | Share