75 Masonic Avenue
Emergency Management Director (EMD): Richard Heidgerd
Civil Defense Director: Ernest St.Amant
Deputy EMD: Eloise Hazelwood
Deputy EMD: Stephen Alsup
Deputy Civil Defense Director: Leonard H. Guercia, Jr.
- The Office of Emergency Management operates under the authority of the Federal "National Response Framework" and the State of Connecticut's "State Response Framework" as guided by the Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security (DEMHS) within DESPP, as described in Title 28 and 29 of the Connecticut General Statutes.
- Emergency Management's mission is to prepare for, respond to, and recover from disasters utilizing existing Town assets and outside resources as necessary.
- Volunteer groups such as the Meriden Amateur Radio Club, Inc. (MARC) and the Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) assist with the Emergency Management mission which includes sheltering.
- The EMD is appointed by and is directly responsible to the Mayor. In the event of a large-scale emergency, the EMD is responsible for the coordination of affected Town departments while operating in a unified command mode.
- The Civil Defense Director is appointed by and reports to the Mayor and operates under the supervision of the EMD.
- The Emergency Management Director and the Civil Defense Director are directly responsible to the Mayor.
| | Share