45 South Main Street, Room #203
(203) 294-2035 Fax: (203) 284-4012
Town Engineer: John P. Thompson, P.E.
Asst. Town Engineer: Robert V. Baltramaitis, P.E.
1. Assist public with:
- Complaints about sidewalks
- Marking the street lines at their properties
- Making tax assessor and topographic maps
- Drainage concerns
- Evaluating site-line problems
- Coordinating private storm drainage connections into Town’s system
- Attendance at neighborhood meetings on Town projects
2. Assist developers and contractors with:
- Plan reviews
- Issuing street excavation permits
- Inspection of new subdivision roads
- Providing vertical and horizontal control for construction
- Bond compliance issues
3. Assist other Town departments with:
4. Assist Town Commissions/Committees
- Review of applications for P&Z, Inland-Wetlands & ZBA
- Maintenance of listing for public and private roads
- Legal descriptions for municipal properties
- Preparation of contract documents for Municipal Improvement projects
- Survey/layout and control for municipal construction projects
- Serves the Legal Traffic Authority as technical staff
- Providing survey, mapping and engineering services to all Town departments
5. Assist Public Works with:
- Provides technical assistance to the Quinnipiac River Linear Trail Advisory Committee and the Community Lake Restoration Committee.
- Survey layout
- Roadway, bridge and drainage design
- Maintenance and protection of traffic.
| | Share