Fire Prevention Bureau
75 Masonic Avenue
(203) 294-2766 Fax: (203) 294-2736
Fire Marshal: Carmen Rao
Deputy Fire Marshals: John Andrews
- Investigate, record and report the cause and origin of all fires and explosions within the Town.
- Conduct inspections of:
- All occupancies, outdoor amusements, facilities of public service and buildings as governed by the Fire Safety Code.
- All , flammable and combustible liquid storage, dispensing and transport vehicles and facilities.
- Industrial and commercial facilities and enforces hazardous materials notification laws.
- Issue permits for use of fireworks, special effects, blasting agents and controlled open burning.
- Coordinate the abatement of fire hazards with the Department of Labor for all industrial occupancies.
- Conduct building, site and protection systems plan reviews to determine compliance with codes and regulations.
- Provide public education, juvenile fire setter and safety programs.
| | Share