Planning & Zoning Department
45 South Main Street, Room #G-40
Fax: (203) 294-2095
Town Planner: Kacie Costello
Assistant Town Planner/Zoning Enf. Officer.: Andrea Aldrich
Planning & Zoning Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals Application Forms and current Fee Schedule:
- Review all development proposals and advise Planning and Zoning Commission if proposals submitted to them comply with Town regulations.
- Coordinate application review with pertinent Town Departments.
- Answer questions from residents, businesses, consultants, and developers pertaining to land use regulations within the Town.
- Advise Planning and Zoning Commission on changes to zoning and subdivision regulation and zoning district boundaries.
- Work with various state agencies in the review of local development projects, including the Department of Environmental Protection and Department of Transportation.
- Respond to complaints about zoning violations.
- Enforce sedimentation and erosion control regulations.
- Serve as floodplain coordinator for the Town.
- Provide staff assistance to the Conservation Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Works, as needed, with the Economic Development Coordinator on business recruitment.
- Prepares plans (Plan of Development, parking) as needed.
- Enforce sign regulations.
- U.S. Census Liaison.
- Organization, maintenance and archiving of all Planning & Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals records, files and maps.
- Provide staff assistance to the Aquifer Protection Agency.
Click here to connect to the New Haven-Hartford-Springfield Rail Program.
| | Share