Planning & Zoning Department
45 South Main Street, Room #G-40
Fax: (203) 294-2095
Town Planner: Kacie Costello
Assistant Town Planner/Zoning Enf. Officer: Tom Hogarty
Town Planner's "Drop-In" Office Hours:
The following office hours (times at which the Town Planner will be available to assist members of the public with phone calls and/or “drop-in” office visits) will be in effect:
10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
To ensure the most efficient service and prevent any wait time, scheduling of meetings/appointments with the Town Planner outside of the hours listed above, but during normal office hours (Mon.-Fri. 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) is available and encouraged.
The Town Planner will return phone calls/messages on an as-received basis throughout the Planning Departments work day schedule (Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m) as her schedule permits.
Please direct all complaints regarding violations of the Zoning Regulations to the Zoning Enforcement Officer/Assistant Town Planner.
Planning & Zoning Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals Application Forms and current Fee Schedule:
- Review all development proposals and advise Planning and Zoning Commission if proposals submitted to them comply with Town regulations.
- Coordinate application review with pertinent Town Departments.
- Answer questions from residents, businesses, consultants, and developers pertaining to land use regulations within the Town.
- Advise Planning and Zoning Commission on changes to zoning and subdivision regulation and zoning district boundaries.
- Work with various state agencies in the review of local development projects, including the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and the Department of Transportation.
- Respond to complaints about zoning violations.
- Enforce sedimentation and erosion control regulations.
- Serve as floodplain coordinator for the Town.
- Provide staff assistance to the Conservation Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Works, as needed, with the Economic Development Specialist on business recruitment.
- Prepares plans (Plan of Development, parking) as needed.
Read about a Plan of Conservation and Development Update. Additional information available on the POCD page.
- Enforce sign regulations.
- U.S. Census Liaison.
- Organization, maintenance and archiving of all Planning & Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals records, files and maps.
- Provide staff assistance to the Aquifer Protection Agency.
Click on the link to connect to the New Haven-Hartford-Springfield Rail Program.
To learn more about TRANSIT ORIENTED DEVELOPMENT (TOD) in Wallingford, click here.
| | Share