Planning & Zoning Department
45 South Main Street, Room #G-40
Fax: (203) 294-2095
Town Planner: Kacie Costello
Assistant Town Planner/Zoning Enf. Officer:
Town Planner's "Drop-In" Office Hours:
The Town Planner is generally available to assist members of the public/staff with phone calls and/or “drop-in” office visits during the following days/times:
10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Please note that at times unforeseen circumstances may prevent the Town Planner from being available during the above-scheduled times; therefore, it is recommended that you call the office at 203-294-2090 to confirm availability before stopping by in order to prevent any inconvenience. As there is only one Planner in the department, your patience regarding this matter is greatly appreciated.
For more involved matters and/or to ensure the most efficient service and prevent any wait time, scheduling of meetings/appointments with the Town Planner outside of the hours listed above, but during normal office hours (Mon.-Fri. 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) is available and encouraged.
The Town Planner will return phone calls/messages on an as-received basis throughout the Planning Departments work day schedule (Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) as her schedule permits.
Please direct all complaints regarding violations of the Zoning Regulations to the Zoning Enforcement Officer.
ZEO hours are Monday – Wednesday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Off Friday
- Review all development proposals and advise Planning and Zoning Commission if proposals submitted to them comply with Town regulations.
- Coordinate application review with pertinent Town Departments.
- Answer questions from residents, businesses, consultants, and developers pertaining to land use regulations within the Town.
- Advise Planning and Zoning Commission on changes to zoning and subdivision regulation and zoning district boundaries.
- Work with various state agencies in the review of local development projects, including the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and the Department of Transportation.
- Respond to complaints about zoning violations.
- Enforce sedimentation and erosion control regulations.
- Serve as floodplain coordinator for the Town.
- Provide staff assistance to the Conservation Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Works, as needed, with the Economic Development Specialiston business recruitment.
- Prepares plans (Plan of Development, parking) as needed.
Read about a Plan of Conservation and Development Update. Additional information available on the POCD page.
- Enforce sign regulations.
- U.S. Census Liaison.
- Organization, maintenance and archiving of all Planning & Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals records, files and maps.
- Provide staff assistance to the Aquifer Protection Agency.
Planning & Zoning Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals Application Forms and current Fee Schedule:
Click on the link to connect to the New Haven-Hartford-Springfield Rail Program.
To learn more about TRANSIT ORIENTED DEVELOPMENT (TOD) in Wallingford, click here.
Notice of Special Meeting/TOD Public Workshop - December 10, 2015
Agenda of Special Meeting/TOD Public Workshop - December 10, 2015
| | Share