135 North Main Street
Fax: (203) 294-2865
Administration: (203) 294-2828
Administrative Office Hours: Mon thru Fri, 8 am - 4 pm
Chief of Police: William J. Wright
Deputy Chief: Marc J. Mikulski
Captain: Richard Homestead
- Administration and management of the Police Department.
- The Chief of Police is the Legal Traffic Authority for the Town.
Internal Affairs Citizen Compliment/Complaint Form
Proceso de Halagos o Quejas para los Ciudadanos y Ciudadano Formulario de Queja
Internal Affairs Policy
Wallingford Police Department 2017-2022 Strategic Plan
The Communications Center handles all 911 calls relating to Police, Fire and Emergency Medical Services. The Center also handles all of the Police Department's routine calls for service.
- Work with residents and merchants to develop shared responsibility for both the prevention and detection of recurring criminal activity.
- Develop and implement comprehensive crime and loss prevention programs for residences and businesses in Town.
- Conduct residential and commercial security surveys free of charge upon request..
- Coordinate with high school administrators on matters of mutual interest.
Narcotics 24-hr. Tip Line: 203 269-NARC
- Investigate serious criminal cases.
- Responsible for crime scene processing.
- Conduct comprehensive narcotics investigation.
- Responsible for uniformed law enforcement and public safety within the community.
- Provides a wide range of assistance to citizens, including the investigation of routine complaints and response to emergency calls.
Office Hours: Mon thru Fri, 8 am - 4 pm
- Police incident and accident reports.
- Criminal history record information
- Public information requests
- Process requests for permits (bingo, raffle, bazaar, firearms, etc.).
- Responsible for the inventory and disposal of property and evidence.
- Investigate motor vehicle accidents and traffic safety complaints.
- Conduct selective enforcement programs (e.g., radar, seatbelt and DWI).
- Participate in traffic safety awareness programs at the local high school.
- Enforce parking regulations.
- Respond to traffic signal malfunctions and coordinate required repairs with the outside contractor.
- Responsible for the installation of street and traffic regulatory signs..
- Emplacement of traffic control signs and barricades for special events and emergencies.
- The Youth Officers handle:
- Criminal matters involving children 16 years of age and under.
- Non-criminal matters involving children and youths under 18 years of age.
- The Youth Officers provide:
- Information and referral services for children and families.
- Crisis intervention.
- Adolescent alcohol and drug abuse information, assessment and referral.
- Safety and delinquency prevention program.
| | Share