135 North Main Street
Fax: (203) 294-2865
Administration: (203) 294-2828
Chief of Police: William J. Wright
Administrative Lieutenant: Sam Soukup
Police Department ADA Notice
- Administration and management of the police department.
- The Chief of Police is the Legal Traffic Authority for the Town.
Police Department ADA Grievance Procedure
The Communications Center handles all 911 calls relating to Police, Fire and Emergency Medical Services. The Center also handles all of the Police Department's routine calls for service.
- Work with residents and merchants to develop shared responsibility for both the
prevention and detection of recurring criminal activity.
- Develop and implement comprehensive crime and loss prevention programs for residences and businesses in Town.
- Conduct residential and commercial security surveys free of charge upon request..
- Coordinate with high school administrators on matters of mutual interest.
Narcotics 24-hr. Tip Line: 203 269-NARC
- Investigate serious criminal cases.
- Responsible for crime scene processing.
- Conduct comprehensive narcotics investigation.
- Responsible for uniformed law enforcement and public safety within the community.
- Provides a wide range of assistance to citizens, including the investigation of routine complaints and response to emergency calls.
- Police incident and accident reports.
- Criminal history record information
- Public information requests
- Process requests for permits (bingo, raffle, bazaar, firearms, etc.).
- Responsible for the inventory and disposal of property and evidence.
- Investigation of motor vehicle accidents and traffic safety complaints.
- Conduct selective enforcement programs (e.g., radar, seatbelt and DWI).
- Participate in traffic safety awareness programs at the local high school.
- Enforce parking regulations.
- Responds to traffic signal malfunctions and coordinates required repairs with the outside contractor.
- Responsible for the installation of street and traffic regulatory signs..
- Emplacement of traffic control signs and barricades for special events and emergencies.
- The Youth Officers handle:
- Criminal matters involving children under 16 years of age.
- Non-criminal matters involving children and youths under 18 years of age.
- The Youth Officers provide:
- Information and referral services for children and families.
- Crisis intervention.
- Adolescent alcohol and drug abuse information, assessment and referral.
- Safety and delinquency prevention program.
| | Share