Registrar of Voters
45 South Main Street, Room #211
Office Hours: Mon thru Fri, 9 am - 5 pm
Registrars: Barbara Kapi
The Office of the Registrar of Voters provides services to the residents of the Town of Wallingford.
Some of these services are:
1. Voter Registration; Enrollment Registration
- Occasional special sessions on Saturdays and evenings.
- Process and acknowledge mail-in, in-person and online registrations.
- Provide cross-town registration, as well as other states..
- Registrars available Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., to register voters.
- Special sessions at other field locations such as high schools, public and private locations.
- Witness signing of absentee ballots at area nursing homes.
- Use these links to get Voter Registration forms through the Secretary of the State's website:
- For other on-line voter forms, visit the Secretary of the State's website.
2. Voter Information:
- Service to residents regarding questions pertaining to elections, primaries and other state laws.
- Service to residents as to registration status, party affiliation and polling place.
- Service to candidates by providing voter lists and information regarding their constituents.
- Voter Registration Lookup - Verify voter registration/Find your polling place
- Information on Election Day Registration
3. Voter Lists:
- Annual mailing regarding change of address notification from Post Office.
- Available to all candidates.
- Daily updating voter lists.
- Maintenance of alphabetical card files of all voters.
- Maintenance of voting lists for each district.
- Up-to-date computerized information.
- Weekly change of address or removal from rolls per list provided by DMV.
4. Voting Machines:
- Maintenance and storage of voting machines.
- Responsibility to provide sufficient privacy booths and pre-tested machine for each poll.
- Responsibility to acquire competent machine mechanics to inspect and prepare tabulators for voting.
5. Elections and Primaries:
- Hiring and instruction of all official poll workers.
- Installation of telephones at each polling area.
- Notify all affected voters of any change in their polling place.
- Prepare spare machines for each voting event.
- Selection of polling areas.
- Testing and sealing of all tabulators.
| | Share