Resident Disposal Center
25 Pent Road
Residents of the Town of Wallingford may deliver their own residential refuse to the Resident Disposal Center.
Residents using the Center must recycle as required by the Town Recycling Ordinance and Regulations.
Commercial refuse is not acceptable.
- Cost of Disposal: Residents pay cash for disposal in accordance with the current fee schedule.
- Senior Citizens: (65 years of age and older) and others who have been ruled eligible
for Medicare are eligible for free coupons upon purchase of a $5 permit.
Contact the Public Works Department (203-294-2105) for details.
- Vehicles: Residents may deliver refuse ONLY in cars, vans and pickup trucks and small utility trailers.
- Random Checking of Trash: The operator is required to randomly open bags and check trash delivered
to the landfill in order to be sure that trash does not contain recyclable materials or other materials that
are not allowed under the program.
- Some Vehicles will be Weighed: Materials not placed in containers of 30 gallons or less (and weighing
40 pounds or less) will be weighed to determine cost of disposal. Follow directions of the scale house operator. Vehicles must be weighed 15 minutes prior to closing in order to unload.
Mon., Tues., Wed., Fri.
8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
* Please note: Scale closes 15 minutes
before Center closes.
Center Closed on
New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
The Center is operated by Wallingford Resident Disposal, Inc.under a contract with the Town.
For more information, contact Wallingford Resident Disposal, Inc. at 203-294-0186 or
the Town at 203-294-2060.
- Household Hazardous Waste such as pesticides, cleaning solvents, gasoline, etc. is to be disposed
at HazWaste Central at the Regional Water Authority, 90 Sargent Drive, New Haven, Saturday mornings
from mid-May to the end of October. For more information, call 203-401-2712.
The following rates are effective July 1, 2014-June 30, 2015:
For each container of
refuse (30 gallons or
less, 40 pounds or less)
For each light item such as storm or screen
doors, portable TVs,
empty propane tanks, etc.
(35 pounds or less)
For each heavy item such
as couches, mattresses,
etc. (over 35 pounds)
For each 20 pounds of
bulky waste delivered ($143/ton)
Helpful Hints To Reduce
Your Cost Of Disposal
The most important thing that you can do to reduce your cost of waste disposal is to reduce the volume and
weight of material that you are throwing away.
- Reduce: buy products with the least amount of packaging. Do not take paper or plastic bags at the grocery store.
Use cloth shopping bags instead.
- Re-use: give old clothing or toys to others or to some charitable organization. Use cloth diapers. Have a tag sale.
- Recycle: everything that you can.
The more that you reduce the amount of waste that you bring to the landfill, the more you reduce your costs.
Do not bring soil or rock to the landfill for disposal. Soil and rocks can be used in your yard. They are very heavy.
If you bring them to the landfill, you will be charged by the ton for their weight.
For additional information, call Town Hall at 203-294-2060 or Public Works at 203-294-2105.
| | Share