Veterans Service Center
45 South Main Street, Room #213
Tel: (203) 294-2165
Fax: (203) 294-2137
Veteran Services Officer: George Messier
- Part-time hours:
- Monday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tuesday 9 a.m. - 12 noon
- Wednesday 9 a.m. - 12 noon
- Thursday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday Closed
- Provide information to all Wallingford and Meriden residents who are eligible for veterans
benefits and refer them to proper agencies, as needed.
- Assist veterans, widows, dependent parents, dependent children and orphans by
completing applications to obtain federal and state benefits. For additional state and federal information, go to Veterans.ct.gov
4. Available for group presentations
- Federal benefits:
- Applications for:
- burial allowance, headstones/foot markers
- compensation (service-connected disabilities)
- G.I. school, home loans and insurance
- obtain discharge documents, service records, awards/medals
- pension (non-service connected disability benefits
- V.A. hospital treatment
- Outreach - mailings to local veterans' organizations with updates from the VA Regional Office in Newington on veteran benefits.
- State benefits:
- admittance to the Veterans Home and Hospital located in Rocky Hill
- assistance through the State Soldiers', Sailors' and Marines' Fund
- burial in the State Veterans Cemetery in Middletown
- payment of cost to install federal grave-markers in private cemeteries
- the $600 educational assistance for children of servicemen killed in action or totally disabled
| | Share