Wallingford Connecticut
Wallingford Connecticut
A Great New England Town
Home  |  Site Map  |  Phone Directory  |  Small Medium Large  
GovernmentDepartments and AgenciesEconomic DevelopmentAbout Our TownMeetings, Events & NewsLinks
Meetings, Events & News:
News / Announcements
Minutes & Agendas
Yearly Meeting Schedules

News / Announcements

Vehicle Registration: New Wallingford Residents

Have you recently moved to Wallingford from another state? If so, you must register your motor vehicles within sixty days.

In Connecticut, both registered and non-registered vehicles are subject to property taxes to the Town were they are located.

Unless you are on active military duty, you have sixty days from the establishment of residency to register a motor vehicle with the State of Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles.

If you are a legal resident of another state and reside temporarily in Wallingford, your vehicle may also be subject to tax. Connecticut law provides that property of non-residents located in a municipality for three months or more during the assessment year immediately preceding the October 1st assessment date shall be subject to property tax.

Any motor vehicle not registered in this state shall be subject to the property tax if such vehicle, in the normal course of operation, most frequently leaves from and returns to or remains in one ore more points within this state.

Please remember to register your motor vehicles in Connecticut and identify Wallingford as you Tax Town.

For additional information regarding motor vehicle taxes, please contact:

Department of Finance
Assessing Division
Town Hall, Room 101
45 South Main Street
Wallingford, CT 06492

Inflow and Infiltration (I&I) Information Available - Sewer Division
Need to Register a Vehicle? Check for DMV Compliance Issues


Top  |  Print  |  + Share